Friday, August 16, 2013

Will Patton And Colin Cunningham In Falling Skies

I don't watch Falling Skies, at least, not every minute of it; I do DVR it, but I spend a chunk of each episode doing fast-forward-fast-forward-fast-forward-MOON BLOODGOOD-stop!-fast-forward-fast-forward--too much of it is tedious, and I have no use for Noah Wyle.  I have seen enough of it since it has been on though to be impressed by the work done by Will Patton and Colin Cunningham.  Both of those guys were burdened from the outset by crappy, cliched characterizations and paid it forward with acting that was even flatter and less subtle than the writing.  Over time, however, these guys have made those characters so much more compelling than the they were at the start, rising above the cardboard cutout nonsense into something always watchable, and those two are easily the best part of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment