Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Truth About YA Books

Is that they're NOT for the teenager in us all, but instead are simple and simplistic books that appeal to intelligent school-age kids.  I didn't read Divergent--though I have been and currently am being lobbied--but I did read the Hunger Games books, each in a day.  They were not not good, but that's no big deal.  I imagine Divergent is utterly awful; the grade-Z ripoff doesn't leave any room for hope.  I have not and will not read the worst of this shit, namely the Harry Potter crap and Twilight garbage, but I have a feeling that Divergent will go by quickly with only a mild headache remaining.  (I have been happy that my daughter has shown no interest in Harry Potter because it is such shit, but I would let her if she wanted.  She's been busy with the Tolkien and L'Engle books when she runs out of modern YA shit to read--I can never remember which one of the fucking L'Engle books she needs to read next; Dragons in the Waters, I think.)

No comments:

Post a Comment