Monday, July 14, 2014

Oh, Gods, Please, No; My Daughter Wants A Road Bike

This past weekend and this next weekend are swimming championship weekends, but the previous weekend was the first mountain bike race, and she wants to do more.  She also wants to get a road bike.  I'm not sure I can handle that.  The sub-$1000 women's-specific road bikes are scary, and improbably way worse than the 24" wheeled mountain bikes.  And none of them are pink anymore, which is probably actually a good thing.  She's gonna outgrow anything quickly enough, but there 's no way I'm buying some piece of shit toy.  The big question is whether I have forgiven Scott bikes for their XS mountain bike with 27.5" wheels atrocity, because the little Scott women's road bikes look pretty neat, considering.



I also like this Trek.  I know.  I'm more surprised than anyone in the world.  Really cheap, but seems decent, and Trek is a huge bike shop brand, just not in any shops I go to.  Maybe the price online is a typo.



Bianchi also makes a small women's road bike which I'm sure is very nice but doesn't do much for me, especially since I'll probably never find one in the smallest size in any shops around here in order to get a good look at it.  The wheels are fucking stupid.



Maybe I'll get frakking lucky on Craigslist, or maybe I'll just hang myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment