Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Grand And Annoying Kid Bike Experiment Is Over

Kaput.  After two years on a pretty cool little 24" wheeled mountain bike, after adding a longer seatpost and a longer stem, the kid is now 4'10" and on her third and last season on the Scott.  Up next is an XS sized women's hardtail, and it's gonna be a Kona Tika.  I know this because I'm not taking anybody shopping, and I'm not asking anybody's opinion and somebody will be getting it as a christmas gift.  It comes in one fucking color, and that color is not pink or purple or sky blue metallic, but I do not care.  It's a pretty neat bike, so shut up and ride.



I really liked the Scott bike I got for her in 2012, and I would get one of the very nice looking Scott womens bikes in the XS size except for one absolute deal breaker: the Scott bikes all have the hella stupid 27.5 wheel size!



That sucks donkey balls, especially on an XS sized bike for women.  Too stupid.  Stupid for everybody, but really, really stupid for small women's sizes.  So that's that.  The Specialized, Giant, Trek, and Cannondale bikes are all either not small enough or heinously ugly, so the Kona it will be!  Big changes this summer, clipless pedals, real full-fingered gloves, and knee/shin pads, but next year it'll be a new bike with proper 26" wheels and 4" fork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment