Sunday, April 8, 2012

Not the Second Greatest Story Ever Told

So, I managed to piss off a mother without even trying.  When I was out digging through the crap trying to find a kids bike, one of the early possibilities was the Specialized 24" Hotrock kids bike.  It's not a bad little bike, way overpriced but with some nice details like quick release wheels and seatpost which are must-haves and disc brake bosses which are not.  The Scott is a better bike and is much more to my liking with round tubing and top tube cable routing; the fact that it is significantly less expensive is just a bonus.  I would have been very happy buying the Specialized but got the Scott.  One of the other parents jumped the gun, however, and bought the Hotrock.  Now Miss Mrs. Crabby Pants is quite bent that the kids will not have the same bike.  This is not a problem for me, but somehow it makes me a first class rat bastard.  Such is life.  I'd rather have the kids have a chance to ride different bikes and see if they like one or the other better.  They don't need to have exactly the same stuff all the time, but I'm a bad, bad man.

No comments:

Post a Comment