Sunday, May 19, 2013

Dire Straits Sucks: Yet Another Thing John Peel Got Right

Wandered by some sorry son of a bitch on the internets--cough, John Cole, cough--who mentioned that Dire Straits was one of his favorite bands.  Every time some asshole says something like this, I am reminded that not only do I hate the awful mess that is Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler's idiot-son-of-Bob-Dylan singing affectations, but also that transcendent good stuff expert John Peel had no time for the likes of Dire Straits.  Since much of Peel's taste in music mirrors mine, I agree that Peel was a fucking genius. 

4 comments:

  1. Thank Christ, I thought I was the only one. I can't stand their music. Any time I hear "Sultans of Swing" and "Color Teee Veeeeee.." I have to turn the music off, immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that mtv song with sting is particularly heinous and is somehow way more annoying now than it was when it came out.

      Delete
  2. but at least know we know cyclons hate dire straits, too.

    ReplyDelete