Saturday, May 21, 2016

'The Farce Awakens' Doesn't Hold Up At All

When I saw the flick in the theatre, I figured I'd go back, but somehow always had something better to do.  Now that it's out for home viewing, I watched it again, but jesus, the thing was pretty fucking tedious.  There were whole sections, including the Han Solo death, that I just fast-forwarded right through cuz who fucking cares.  The film has no surprises whatsoever and surprisingly little entertainment value considering its length and box office.  Seriously, the only person who got what they wanted out that mess was Harrison Ford.  Everybody else should have felt vaguely or specifically cheated, but it doesn't seem so.  J.J. Abrams is a fucking turd.  The movie certainly did what it had to do as far as reestablishing the viability of the brand, but it was a little disheartening to discover how little there there was there.  Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are def happy too, so that's something.  I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment