Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Dammit, My Carnac Mountain Bike Shoes Finally Died This Weekend

Dammit dammit dammit.  I think they were Tahoes.  Fit pretty well.  Sure they were a decade plus old.  Sure, I had been thinking that I needed to start looking for a replacement in 2004 or so.  Sure, they refused to give up no matter what, staying together through pair after pair of ATAC cleats.  Well, that's done now.  The upper of the left shoe is pretty much split in half after riding over the long weekend.  There's no replacing these in 2014.  I can't ride Shimano shoes on a mountain bike with 0% Shimano components, and I hate all the stupid closure systems.  The Carnacs were perfect, laces under a cover and a wide velcro strap.  That's what I want now, laces with velcro  and cover.  Time machine's not working.  Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment