Sunday, September 21, 2014

Gods Below, I Hate Trunk Racks

Earlier this season, I was asked to help facilitate the purchase of a trunk rack to carry bikes on the car without the need, expense, complexity, hassle, whatever, of a roof rack, and I wish I hadn't.  Jesus charlie crist, I hate those things.  It works okay but is such a pain in the ass to use on mountain bikes, especially full-suspension bikes and small, children's 24"-wheeled mountain bikes.  Ride yesterday, two adults, two kids, one car, not mine because I was without my weekend car this weekend for some stupid reason, one bike in trunk, three on rack.  By the time the bikes were secured, I was ready to be done for the day, and I had the easy bike to load, a steel singlespeed hardtail.  Next time, I'm driving.  I have the decency to have a roof rack on a fucking 9-5 combi.

No comments:

Post a Comment