Thursday, April 4, 2013

Go Ahead And Add This To The Frakking (Very Short, I Admit) List

I like this, too.  I'm not at all hopeful that it will end well, but the idea that people who do difficult jobs should get paid enough to live on is a pretty fucking great.  It's New York Fucking City for gods' sakes, and 15 bucks an hour is only $31,000 dollars a year if you work full time!  In reality, you put together 4 part time jobs at 15 bucks an hour and maybe, just maybe you make 60 grand.  I don't eat much fast food, and I could be happy if I never did again, but lots of folks eat it, like it, want it, and those customers, the workers, you, me, and the rest of the country would be so much better off if those folks working got paid a somewhat decent wage.  If this strike action works out, it will be a net gain for all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment