Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lynskey Silver And Zathras

As Zathras and I suspected, the geometry of the new Silver road frames is not great.  I kinda had the feeling that they didn't understand the serious road racing/road riding thing.  If they'd asked me, I would not have gone for the slack head angle type layout; I much prefer a steeper front and a shorter wheelbase.  Oh, well.  Really this is why Serotta could have done this right, but Serotta's fucking hopeless.  The Silver 650B hardtail is not great either; the 29er looks okay.  It has the best geometry of the frames, but I worry about the description of a "comfortable tubeset".  A flexible frame sucks, and a flexible titanium frame sucks worse.  Of course, the Lynskeys were never bike people, even back in the Litespeed days, but after 25 years you would hope they would have learned a few tricks.  Looks like a great price on a frame that could have just as easily been way fucking better than it will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment